alot of packet drop

leon dudi.reuveni at comm-it.co.il
Wed Mar 26 02:11:46 PDT 2014

cheers!

I have pipe line that receives RTP packets and display the video:

 udpsrc uri=udp://localhost:5000 ! "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video,
clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" !
gstrtpjitterbuffer latency=1000 ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink

I can see the video but:

when the latency is smaller than 1000 the quality very bad. allot of packet
drops, gray\ green screen..

when the latency is 1000 the video is o.k but occasionally (every 5\6
seconds) the video is suddenly gray and I get:

    WARNING: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstD3DVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-d3dvideo:
A lot of buffers are being dropped.

    Additional debug info:
    gstbasesink.c(2873): gst_base_sink_is_too_late
():/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstD3DVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-d3dvideo:There
may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

is there something else I can do beside changing the latency? maybe add
other elements?

thanks in advanced.
Leon.