Capturing an OpenGL window and re displaying it using GStreamer Appsrc

Dušan Poizl poizl at maindata.sk
Wed Mar 26 03:44:34 PDT 2014

1. add videoflip method=vertical-flip element. in OpenGL the origin is
in bottom left corner of screen. not in top left like usual.

2. something must introduce latency in your application. because I also
capture OpenGL with glReadPixels() feeding it to appsrc and can display
it with xvimagesink. the latency is like 0.1-0.2 second. but I don't
think you can expect go any lower. especially as encoding introduce more
latency.