Gstreamer support for the auto rotation of video using rotation tag in video.

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Mar 26 10:01:09 PDT 2014

Le mardi 25 mars 2014 à 16:31 +0530, vamsi krishna a écrit :
> Yes Tim, this is what i am interested in.  Does this automatic mode
> supports only images or even videos ?  Would be helpful if you can
> point me to the above mentioned git master for 1.3.x .

I've tested it mostly with images, but should work for video too. You
need GST_TAG_IMAGE_ORIENTATION as part of your stream meta-data (I guess
the demuxer would need to detect and send this tag). I notice there is
some kind of orientation support in the crop meta, this is not
supported, as I was not aware of that.

Nicolas