issue to play a rtsp video with hardware acceleration in Clutter

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Mar 29 01:56:01 PDT 2014

On Fr, 2014-03-28 at 12:13 +0100, Jezequel, Erwan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to play a rtsp stream in a Clutter window with the following
> python code but it doesn't work. I think that gstreamer-vaapi works with
> clutter-gst.
>
> Is it supposed to work with gstreamer-vaapi? What should be the correct way
> to do it?
>
> [code]

You are never linking the rtspsrc with the depayloader in your code.
You'll have to connect to the pad-added signal on rtspsrc and link it
from there once the pad is added.

If that doesn't work yet, please provide more information about how it
fails and for example a GStreamer debug log.

Expertise, Straight from the Source