R128Gain

Alice Wonder alicewonder at shastaherps.org
Sat Mar 29 11:43:55 PDT 2014

Is GStreamer capable of applying R128Gain on playback?

I know there is a ReplayGain plugin for Rhythmbox so I assume that R128
could probably be fairly easily ported based on ReplayGain code?

I've been re-encoding (from flac source) all my lossy to opus, it looks
like what it does is put the album gain from the flac source into a
private header that is suppose to always be applied, and then converts
the difference between track and album ReplayGain as a R128Gain in the
tracks metadata.

I actually like that model, but can current GStreamer make use of it?