Stack memory issue with gstreamer

jbvulai jb.vu.lai at gmail.com
Thu May 1 10:28:38 PDT 2014

I've been using gdb, in command-line and inside eclipse. No signs of growing
number of threads whatsoever and nothing fishy i can smell from there.
Theres always 5 : my application, pulseaudio, 2x gstreamer threads, glib.

As for how I switch files, I have a list of all the location of each file
that needs to be played in a vector<strings> (ps->filesources) and an index
that describes which item of that list I am at (currentSourceIndex).

When i receive a EOS message from the callback i execute the following bit
of code

gst_element_set_state(ps->pipeline, GST_STATE_NULL); //or GST_STATE_READY
g_object_set(ps->source, "location",
ps->filesources[ps->currentSourceIndex].c_str(), NULL);
gst_element_set_state(ps->pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);

currentSourceIndex is increment each time and when I reach the size of the
vector, the index is reset to 0. This repeats until I stop the pipeline
manually via another function that calls set_state to NULL.

I've tried waiting for the state change when I set it to NULL, that didnt
make any difference, i think it might have increased the rate of which the
stack was increasing.

I am aware that 0.10 is no longer supported.. i'm trying to look if there is
possibly a work around to this issue. Currently considering destroying and
rebuilding the pipeline every list playthrough. Not sure if it will make a
difference.