Seeking on custom bins

waldemar valdemar at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:14:56 PDT 2014

I'm trying to use gst_element_seek in the context of a PAUSED non yet owned
by a pipeline custom bin.

Most of the code I've found describes seeking events in the context of a
pipeline, but here I'm trying to have this custom bin prerolled, positioned
and ready to come and play right after is added to the pipeline.

How can I listen to messages like ASYNC_DONE called when using
gst_element_seek with GST_SEEK_FLASH_FLUSH in the context of a parent-less
custom bin??

I'm guessing I'll have to wait for such event because it tells you when the
seek event is finished, then I can add the custom bin to a playing pipeline.