Identity Element in silent=FALSE mode not printing anything

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 11:04:32 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-05-06 at 09:49 -0700, renecalles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply. I will check that code. Meanwhile i checked the
> connections using a dot graph. All elements seem to be connected.
> Do you have any idea why i might not receive a segment done signal?
> As far as i understand the GST_MESSAGE_SEGMENT_DONE should be thrown by the
> demuxer (qtdemux in my case), correct?
> Or is this signal only emitted by decoders? That would then mean i can't
> just remux my file.

The segment-done message is posted by the element that is driving the
pipeline, so usually the demuxer if the demuxer can run in pull mode.
Are your sources local files, or ...? If the demuxer runs in push mode,
the upstream element (usually the source then) running the pipeline is
responsible for the message but it it's possible that there are bugs in
that case.

The relevant code for that in qtdemux is here btw:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/tree/gst/isomp4/qtdemux.c#n4439

Expertise, Straight from the Source