How to change appsrc caps dynamically ?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 11:20:19 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-05-06 at 22:36 +0800, comicfans44 wrote:
> Hello everyone, I'm using appsrc to push some raw video frame,  frame size
> is changing dynamically, so I must changing appsrc caps before differenct
> size buffer pushed to it, I created a simple demo like this:
> [...]

This looks like a bug indeed, I can't see anything wrong in your code.
The problem here most likely is that appsrc does not make sure that all
previous buffers are pushed downstream before using the new caps. Should
be relatively easy to fix by tracking caps together with buffers...

Could you file a bug about that with your sample code and what I said
above at http://bugzilla.gnome.org against GStreamer?

Expertise, Straight from the Source