gstreamer-1.0 playbin & mixed sources

David Harks dave at dwink.net
Tue May 6 11:22:15 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Nicolas Dufresne <
nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com> wrote:

>  Le lundi 05 mai 2014 à 16:03 -0500, David W. Harks a écrit :
>
>  I found the imagefreeze plugin, and that can produce the desired output —
> the image displayed continuously. However, I need to switch back to a video
> after a fixed period of time. Additionally, it seems that in order to
> reconfigure the pipeline for this kind of switch, I would need to stop it,
> losing the ‘continuous’ streaming.
>

> I'd rather pause, change the URI, and do a flushing seek to ensure the
> image frame is visible (on EOS most likely). Then after a certain time, set
> a video URI and move to playing state.

Thanks Nicolas, this worked, except that in order to get playbin to
reconfigure itself for the different media types, I needed to set the
pipeline to READY state (not just PAUSED) before changing the uri. Now it's
chugging along perfectly.

-d
--
d.w. harks <dave at dwink.net>