Passing the Elementary Stream(both audio and video) to decodebin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue May 6 12:08:13 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-05-05 at 06:06 -0700, Manoj89 wrote:
> So you mean to say to for getting the playback of audio and video elementary
> streams we need to have two separate pipelines then synchronize them?

Or you create a single, multiplexed stream with both the audio and video
in it and pass that to decodebin. And then let decodebin autoplug a
demuxer that splits the audio and video into separate streams again...
so basically the same that is done with all the container formats like
MP4, MPEG TS, etc.

You don't have to use a real container format though, and can just do
something very very simple for your use case here... as it's really just
used internally inside the pipeline.

Expertise, Straight from the Source