Help with custom plugin Caps Negotiation

Subodh subodh.austin at gmail.com
Wed May 14 04:31:35 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am trying to understand Caps negotiation in Gstreamer-1.x by writing a
sample pass through plugin.
I am facing issues while source pad caps negotiation.

The plugin has a pull based sink pad and a push src pad.
Following is the intended usage for generating debug logs of pipeline :
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<location> ! myplugin ! typefind ! parser !
decoder ! sink

Please find my code attached. I have tagged "FIXME" to highlight areas of
concern.
I referred to PWG 1.2.3 and have modified the old Boilerplate sample for
start.
The entire code is building on my machine but I am posting only the relevant
skeleton for advice.
Please look at code around EVENT_CAPS and QUERY_CAPS.

Thanks in advance.
DevPlugin.c
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4666966/DevPlugin.c>