time difference between original to receiver's video

Dudi.r dudi017 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 04:52:09 PDT 2014

Hi fellows,

I have question about synchronization of video.

this is my pipeline: appsrc ! queue ! jitterbuffer ! udpsink

I also have receivers side (loopback transmission).

I load packets of RTP\H264 stream and push packet by packet to the appsrc's
buffer.

I don't know why, but  when I compare the original video to the receiver's
video I see that the receiver's video is slower than the receiver's video-
~1.5 sec every 1 min. so in t=10 min, the delay is 15 sec and so on...

I also use-  GST_BUFFER_DTS (buffer) = current_timestamp;
so the udpsink will not send the packets too quickly.

this is the pseudo code:

 read_data()  //the callback of the appsrc
  {

    load_one_packet_from_pcap_file();
    current_timestamp= current_timestamp_of_RTP_packet()
    Sleep_for_about( 1/FrameRate );    //to avoid fast reading and overload
of buffers on queue
    GST_BUFFER_DTS (buffer) = current_timestamp;
    push_buffer();

   }

what I don't understand is- if I copy the original RTP packet (with it's
original timestamp) to the buffer, why is the DTS effect on the video rate
(correct me if I wrong)? I dont change the RTP timestamp but the rate is
still changes. slower then the original video.

am I missing something here\ doing something wrong?

I will be happy foe some guidance on that matter.

thanks,
Dudi.