Deployment of GStreamer app on Test Machine

Lasse Laursen gazoo at 42.dk
Sun May 18 23:13:00 PDT 2014

Hey folks,

Now that I'm trying to recover from willpower fatigue, I was hoping
someone with a little know how could help me out with my predicament.

I am trying to deploy my pretty shaky/unstable app from my developing
machine, to my other private test machine. The goal is to be able to
distribute a zip file containing all the necessary files to a few close
friends and have them run my app for various testing purposes.

My application unfortunately doesn't quite work fully on my test
machine. I'm using Vs2013 and am remote debugging the app on my test
machine. This made pinpointing the issue quite easy, which is that my
call to 'gst_parse_launch' returns a void pointer and tells me that
there is no element "uridecodebin".

I should note at this point, that I simply copied the SDK directly from
my dev machine and set up the necessary environment variables - thinking
along the lines of "let's take it all, and then trim it down to what my
app really seems to need". It should be noted that everything works fine
on my development machine, and to my bigger surprise it *also* works on
my second test machine when launching the string via the
gst-launch-1.0.exe file.

The string is as follows:

gst-launch-1.0.exe uridecodebin uri=file:///D:/PMP/vids/cosmos.webm !
videorate ! video/x-raw,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
appsink name=sink caps=\"video/x-raw,format=RGB,pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1"

appsink is replaced with 'audiovideosink' when I run it from the command
line - but as I previously stated, the original string runs fine on my
dev machine. I've also run the gst-inspect tool on my 2nd machine for
appsink which it seems to find without a hitch.

Does anybody have an idea to what I'm missing? What could cause
gstreamer to seemingly work fine on the command line, as well as in the
application on my dev machine, but not on my 2nd machine?

Any answer is much appreciated,
Lasse

--
Lasse Farnung Laursen