Is it possible to do Audio and Video synchronization for parallel pipelines

Thiago Santos ts.santos at sisa.samsung.com
Wed May 21 08:09:00 PDT 2014

On 05/21/2014 10:31 AM, Manoj89 wrote:
> Hi,
Hi, please stop creating new threads with the same question.

>      I am having usecase where I get the demuxed H.264 frames and AAC frames.
> I have created two element links in a single top-level bin called pipeline
> like this
top-level bin called pipeline? Is this a GstPipeline or a GstBin? You
want a real pipeline created with gst_element_factory_make ("pipeline",
<somename>). When using a proper pipeline the sinks within it will
synchronize using the same clock.

> videoappsrc->h264parser->avdec_h264->videoconvert->ximagesink
> audioappsrc->aacparser->faad->audioconvert->alsasink
>
> I get the audio and video playback without the AV sync. I am using non-live
> source which gives me demuxed audio and video frames.Also I get pts of the
> audio and video frame from the application thread.Using  both appsrc in push
> mode where "need-data" and "enough-data" signals control the bytes queued in
> appsrc.Is there
> any possibility of syncing audio and video in above case.Can anybody give me
> a solution where the demuxed audio and video stream playback happens in
> sync?
You should just set the timestamps to the buffers you push on the
appsrcs and it works if your application timestamps are already in sync.
Setting the caps on appsrc might also be necessary in case your streams
can't find the framerate/rate in its format but AFAIK h264 and aac can
have that info in the stream already.

What are you trying and how does it not work?

> --

Thiago Sousa Santos
Senior Multimedia Engineer, Open Source Group
Samsung Research America - Silicon Valley