gst-plugins-bad openexr make errors...

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun May 25 08:21:07 PDT 2014

On So, 2014-05-25 at 13:00 +0800, JIA Pei wrote:
> Hi, all:
>

> 1) My environments:
> Raspbian newest release 2014-01-07
> cc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-14+rpi1)
> gstreamer 1.3.2
>

> 2) Symptome:
> I met exactly the same problem as mentioned at
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Re-gst-plugins-bad-openexr-Add-OpenEXR-decoder-element-td4663737.html
>

> 3) Solution:
> The solution seems to be
> "Adding " -Wno-redundant-decls" to CXXFLAGS in the Makefile.am works for
> me. Acceptable?"
>
> My solution is even more straightforward:
> ./configure --disable-openexr

See my reply to that mail :) It is acceptable, or some #pragma magic
inside the source code. But it would need to be limited to compilers
that actually support this, and someone having this problem would need
to provide a patch.

> 4) My Guess:
> But, it seems it's not an issue from OpenEXR itself, but from
> *gst-plugins-bad/ext/openexr*
>
> So, any suggestions on how to make gst-plugins-bad to be able to be
> successfully compiled, even with openexr enabled?

The problem is that the OpenEXR headers are buggy in that version of
OpenEXR. At least the latest version that is in Debian/unstable does not
have this problem anymore, which is 1.6.1.

Expertise, Straight from the Source