Multi wav channel with separate volume control.

Ing.Marinangeli giorgio at ketron.it
Thu May 29 03:51:33 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,
I have a multi channel wav file ( 4 mono channel ) and need to separate
each channel, change the volume for each channel and send all to alsa
sink device.

At the first, I tried to realize a gst-launch command line to build that
pipeline but without any good result.

At the moment I am able only to select one channel to play with this
command line:
gst-launch filesrc location="/media/sdb1/ALL_night_Long.wav" ! wavparse
! deinterleave name=d d.src3 ! adder name=add !  alsasink

May be, the right way to realize my goal,
is to use deinterleave element to split the original stream to single
channel audio stream.
Use 4 volume element to control the level for each single audio stream
and use an adder element to mix all stream before to send them to alsasink.
Is this correct?

Someone could suggest me a example pipeline?

I can't understand how I can connect single deinterleave source pad (
d.src3 in my example) to Adder sink pad ( add.sink0 for example).

Thanks,
Giorgio.