How do I disable DVB subtitles?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu May 29 13:52:10 PDT 2014

Le jeudi 29 mai 2014 à 20:57 +0100, Chris Tapp a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm using playbin with gst_parse_launch to play an rtp stream for a DVB TV channel.
>
> This is basically working as expected - I can see the video and the audio is fine. However, the subtitles for the channel are being shown by default.
>
> How can I turn them off?

You can disable subtitle by clearing the text flags, see flags property
on playbin. This can be done while playing. You can also list and select
sub-title tracks. In the parse-launch syntax, you'll have to select the
flags you want:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=.. flags=video+audio+buffering+...

Or name playbin, get the element by name and modify the flags using
gobject property methods.

Cheers,
Nicolas