GES ges_layer_add_clip crash

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri May 30 07:22:57 PDT 2014

Le vendredi 30 mai 2014 à 16:34 +0800, Anthony C. a écrit :
> I get a crash, unhandled exception when ges_layer_add_clip is
> called.... Message is "Unhandled exception at 0x6B98E729
> (libgstpbutils-1.0-0.dll) in gst-template.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
> violation reading location 0x0000000C."

Looks like it's accessing a member from an object having a NULL pointer
value. Please, report bugs for crasher, as it shouldn't crash. Ideally,
run this in a debugger (gdb if compile with mingw), and retrieve the
backtrace (command: thread apply all bt). Store this in text into a
file, and attach this to the bug reports. Also specify the exact version
of GStreamer you are using, it helps.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-editing-services

thanks,
Nicolas