Appsrc seekable in Push Mode

Manoj89 manoj89vcet at gmail.com
Sat May 31 05:16:53 PDT 2014

Hi,
   (i) I can understand working in GST_FORMAT_TIME or GST_FORMAT_BYTES.But
when I get the frames with
     size like 40,240,560,1050 etc how do i keep track of the position or
byte offset.If it is a file then it easy to
     keep track offset if it unequal frames how do i keep track of byte
offset?

     For ex : I will get frames of size 1000,2000,2500 etc which i copy to
GstBuffer and push to the appsrc.But if I want to seek to 1500 byte how do I
exactly keep track of offset in this case?

Regards
Manoj