RTP playback issue

Sudhir vndkst at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 03:04:07 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I recently migrated from gstreamer 1.2.2 to 1.4.1. I am using rtpmp2tpay
element for RTP streaming, streaming worked fine with 1.2.2.

But in 1.4.1 I am facing problem in RTP stream play back, for playback I am
using VLC. VLC is throwing below given error.
 "A description in SDP format is required to receive the RTP stream. Note
that rtp:// URIs cannot work with dynamic RTP payload format (96)."

This pipelines works fine with 1.2.2, but the is not working with 1.4.1.
gst-launch videotestsrc is-live=1 ! x264enc ! h264parse ! mpegtsmux !
rtpmp2tpay ! multiudpsink clients=192.168.2.118:8800

I tried forcing pt property of rtpmp2tpay to 33 in 1.4.1 but it is not
reflected in DOT file.

Am I missing something(Property setting)?

Thanks in advance,
Sudhir