BINTSPRO gstreamer playback issues

beastwick987 gamebeasttv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 16:55:50 PST 2014

Hi everyone,

I am trying to simply playback the capture from my Black Magic Intensity Pro
on Linux. Digging through this mailing list I found this command:

gst-launch decklinksrc mode=18 connection=hdmi ! video/x-raw-yuv !
ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink sync=false

Which gives me this output:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

However, no video playback pops up.

I do get a snowy test video playback with:

GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1 GST_DEBUG=xv*:5 gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc !
xvimagesink

So I think xvimagesink is working fine, therefore it must be an issue with
my card? I made sure that the video capture settings are correctly set in
the BlackmagicControlPanel. I am trying to capture 720P @ 60 FPS.

Is there another way to do this with gstreamer? This is the closest I have
come to being able to see playback from my card and I really, really want to
use it on my Linux box. I have done everything to stay away from Windows at
this point.

Thanks for your time!