Pipeline reconfiguration + playbin about-to-finish = problems

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Mon Nov 3 07:21:14 PST 2014

Hello,

I am using playbin's about-to-finish feature to achieve gapless
playback. Everything works fine if the media I play always uses the same
samplerate. But when a media is played which has a different sample
rate, a reconfigure event is sent downstream. The playsink does not
appear to be handling this properly, since I only hear silence
afterwards if the audiosink is pulsesink (if it is alsasink there is
silence for ~6 seconds, and then regular playback).

Is this a known problem? I didn't find anything about it in bugzilla yet.