Listening on EOS events for GstBin

enienws engin.firat at adonissyazilim.com
Wed Nov 5 02:51:35 PST 2014

Hello,

I have tried too many different ways to accomplish specified tast without
any success. This is why, I am responding you late.

Anyway, you can find some major different ways I have tried with their
problems:

1. I have added a source pad(ghostpad) to listen for EOS events. I have sent
the EOS event but added probes to bin's source pad cannot sense the event.

2. I have experimented to send an EOS event to muxer element from its sink
pad and tried to sense EOS event coming through that element's source pad.
EOS event was sensed successfully. This means that, my mechanism isn't
wrong.

3. I have added a source pad(ghostpad, without any target) to filesink and
added another source pad(ghostpad, created using filesink's ghostpad) to bin
and sent an EOS event from bin's sink pad. This way wasn't work too.

4. I have checked for DEBUG messages on command line in order to see whether
elements inside bin (muxer and filesink) get the EOS messages correctly but
I haven't seen any DEBUG messages related to EOS events passing through
elements. Since I couldn't see any special DEBUG messages I have tried to
not send EOS events. In this case pipeline continued to run normally and in
other case where EOS events sent, data record on filesink stops. By this
experiment, I think EOS events processed correctly but keeping in my mind
that not seeing EOS DEBUG messages is a strange thing.

5. In another thread, one suggests to use message-forward property of bin
element in order to immediately process EOS events coming from sink element
passing through bin element. I have achieved to process this EOS event in
bus callback. But after this, neither deleting and re-creating of a bin
element wih muxer and filesink elements is not worked.

Could you please investigate on this problem? I have no solution at this
point. I have attached the source code I have been playing for a while.
Source code consists of code segments related to different solutions.
Moreover, code is based from Gstreamer reference manual (Chapter 19 Section
4) main.cpp
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4669385/main.cpp>

Regards.