dynamically register elements from a .so file

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Nov 5 04:50:04 PST 2014

On Mi, 2014-11-05 at 13:53 +0200, Jacob S wrote:
> I am trying to load libgstx264.so using gst_plugin_load_file.
>
> I copied libx264.so and libgstx264.so to the same directory where my
> process is located.
>
> when I call gst_plugin_load_file("./libgstx264.so", &error); I get this
> error:
> Could not load libgstx264 file: Opening module failed: Cannot load library:
> soinfo_link_image(linker.cpp:1673): could not load library
> "libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0" needed by "libgstx264.so"; caused by
> load_library(linker.cpp:771): library "libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0" not found
>
> Isnt libgstpbutils-1.0.so.0" supposed to be loaded already by the app ? how
> do I load it manually ?
>
> what am I doing wrong here ?

Your shared objects will required the shared GStreamer libraries to
work. Ideally you would statically compile x264 into the x264 GStreamer
plugin, and then link it to your libgstreamer_android.so. This has to be
done manually though.

Alternatively you could pull in all the needed .so files from the
runtime binary release, but that's a lot of code duplication and
increased binary size then.