Gstreamer android package fails with android-ndk-profiler tool

urchikkamath at yahoo.com urchikkamath at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 05:49:53 PST 2014

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to achieve performance bench-marking of down-scaling(videoscale) of video pipeline using android-ndk-profiler tool; Pipeline is very simple
data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("filesrc location=/mnt/sdcard/1080p.yuv ! videoparse width=1920 height=1080  ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=1536,height=896 ! filesink name=sink location=/mnt/sdcard/1536x896.yuv", &error);
I've followed the steps explained at https://code.google.com/p/android-ndk-profiler/wiki/Usage to build android-ndk-profiler tool. I succeed in building my app, however when I installed app in device and run the app, app crashes immediately. log points to "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load gstreamer_android from loader".
Here adding android-ndk-profiler static library to package/app is similar to adding cpufeatures module.
i.e include $(call import-module,android/cpufeatures), include $(call import-module,android-ndk-profiler) as explained at https://code.google.com/p/android-ndk-profiler/wiki/Usage,
hence I don't understand why app crashes to load gstreamer_android (at java source I'm calling System.loadLibrary("gstreamer_android");)
Please note without adding android-ndk-profiler library my app works perfectly fine.
I've attached my android make and log files

If anyone tried similar experiment for profiling please share some points to fix this issue.
Thanks,
-Umashankar