Multiqueue buffer empty => Buffer full

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Nov 7 10:00:09 PST 2014

On Fr, 2014-11-07 at 23:06 +0530, Srinath, Kamaldeep wrote:
> In a multiqueue-like element, I have the low_percent val set to 10, the high_percent val set to 100 and the use_buffering property set to true. This enables buffering messages when the level falls below low or reaches high.
>
> Let's say the level falls below low threshold at 'x' and reaches back to high at 'x+20'. The standard gstreamer pipeline behavior seems to be that playback starts from x+20 instead of x. Buffers are dropped instead of delaying the clock to insure no buffers are lost.
>
> Can this standard behavior be overridden and the stream be made to start from where it was blocked due to the buffering? Is the flush to maintain sync with the master clock necessary? I have further things to discuss based on any helpful direction to this query on this mailing list.

Buffering works by handling it inside the application as desired.
Usually you would set your pipeline to PAUSED when you get BUFFERING
messages with percent<100, and set it to PLAYING when you get BUFFERING
messages with percent==100.

The percentages in the buffering messages are scaled according to the
high/low properties on the multiqueue, so setting high-percent=100 is
usually not a good idea.