Huge memory leak sometime after starting a pipeline

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sun Nov 9 05:50:20 PST 2014

Hi Sergei,

Le 2014-11-09 08:23, Sergei Vorobyov a écrit :
> The program I posted (with autovideosink/vaapisink) after about 5
> minutes running on nvidia with vdpau increases memory usage from 0.3%
> to 2.6% ans starts to complain "not enough resources" and the images
> blacks out:

The first step in getting help would be to identify where the leak is
located. As you have strong opinion against using valgrind, I can
propose you another way to trace what is left after you program have quit.

You *need* to quit your program *cleanly*. The method is to set the
environment GST_TRACE=all. When your program quits *cleanly*, GStreamer
will dump a list of object that are still allocated. This list is never
empty, as we don't waste time freeing objects that exist for the entire
lifetime of a GStreamer application. Please, share this trace with us,
we should be able to help afterward. Big leak size often involves
GstMemory mini objects. Considering gstreamer-vaapi fully wraps libVA
into objects, it should also display gstreamer-vaapi leaks. Take note
that gstreamer-vaapi is maintained by a seperate group.

Nicolas