Question about format capabilities

Francisco Velázquez francisco.javier at me.com
Mon Nov 10 06:02:44 PST 2014

Dear GStreamer community,

I am trying to figure out how to know what are the supported formats of ximagesink.

I have GStreamer 1.4.3 in Mac OS X 10.10.

`gst-inspect-1.0 ximagesink` shows no format information.

You can see that http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/sys/ximage/ximagesink.c:931 <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/sys/ximage/ximagesink.c:931> does have a "format" descriptor, but that “format descriptor” is missing in http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/docs/plugins/inspect/plugin-ximagesink.xml <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/docs/plugins/inspect/plugin-ximagesink.xml>.

Is the lack of format in the XML file intentional?

How can one determine what are the supported formats of ximagesink without such description?

Thank you,

Francisco