How to get AC3 passthrough on Freescale IMX6 Yocto image ?

Subodh Chiwate subodh.chiwate at ufomoviez.com
Mon Nov 17 00:09:13 PST 2014

Hi,
I am using a SABRE-SD IMX6 Quad board.
I have built the image using instructions from freescale git for
3.10.31+. (Not using X11, instead trying with directfb ).

I have working gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 on board and can decode audio and
playback on HDMI
using the following settings for ALSA.
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93745

But I need to pass the audio directly to HDMI for decoding.
Is pulseaudio a must for getting passthrough to work ?

Please let me know in case more information from my setup is needed.
Thanks.

Following is my board setup

root at imx6qsabresd:~# aplay -l
card 0: imxhdmisoc [imx-hdmi-soc], device 0: i.MX HDMI Audio Tx
hdmi-hifi-0 []
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

root at imx6qsabresd:~# uname -a
Linux imx6qsabresd 3.10.31-1.1.0_beta+g94a7e47 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 12
02:14:32 IST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux
root at imx6qsabresd:~# gst-inspect-1.0 | grep pulse
pulseaudio:  pulsesink: PulseAudio Audio Sink
pulseaudio:  pulsesrc: PulseAudio Audio Source

root at imx6qsabresd:~# ls /usr/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-5.0.so
/usr/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-5.0.so

--
Regards,
Subodh

-- **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. UFOMoviez India Ltd. has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. UFOMoviez India Ltd. reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the UFOMoviez India Ltd.'s e-mail system. ***************** End of Disclaimer *******************