Simple pipeline working with GStreamer 0.10 but not with 1.0

Chetan Nanda chetannanda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 02:18:32 PST 2014

Hi,

I am very new to GStreamer development.
I am getting an issue while running a simple GStreamer pipeline

Command below passes with a window pops up with some colorbar pattern on it.
*$gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! autovideosink*

But when launching the same with Gstreamer version 1.0 is not working.
Window is pops up but is blank.
*$gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink*

------ logs -------------
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
*libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate*
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

I am working on Ubuntu 13.04 under Virtualbox.

Please provide some pointer to debug this further.

Thanks,
Chetan Nanda