sparse audio stream and GAP event

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Nov 20 01:10:04 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-11-13 at 19:59 +0900, Wonchul Lee wrote:
> Dear sebastian,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
> I have one more question.
>
> I try to handle audio stream what has gap in the middle of contents.
> We create GAP event when demux meet the gap region in that contents.
>
> However when I try to pause a pipeline in the middle of the gap, then
> it never goes to paused state(preroll).
> Because there is no audio data for a while, and GAP event is already
> consumed at sink.
> Demux doesn't care about the pipeline states, so it seems not to
> determine send GAP event again or not.
> It may need some mechanism for handle it.
>
> So, I am curious about that some of the element already properly can handle it.

This seems to be a bug in basesink/audiobasesink then. The GAP event
should've had a duration, and the sink should just preroll again
immediately if it's still in the duration. After the duration the
demuxer would have to send a new GAP event.

Can you file a bug about this with a testcase to reproduce it at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org ?