Using Video Toolbox decoder with Cerbero latest

John Weber rjohnweber at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:02:13 PST 2014

On 11/20/14, 2:44 AM, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> On Fr, 2014-11-14 at 09:03 -0600, John Weber wrote:
>> First, I want to commend the great work done by the Gstreamer team on the
>> IOS SDK.  Very good work!
>>
>> I'm having a problem using the vtdec (Video Toolbox decoder) element to
>> decode an H.264 stream with the IOS Simulator.
>>
>> What I've done is taken Tutorial 3 for IOS and substituted a new launch
>> string for the pipeline, which works for the libav decoder:
>>
>> rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.0.170:8554/camera ! rtph264depay !
>> avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink name=video-sink
>>
>> If I use the vtdec element instead of the avdec_h264 element, the program
>> breaks on a divide by zero error in vtdec.c in the function
>> compute_h264_decode_picture_buffer_length():
>> [...]
> Thanks for reporting, but it's better to report bugs like this at
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org :)
Thanks for the help.  I didn't know if this was a n00b problem or a potentially
a real bug, but I'll submit it there even when it could be one or the other.

> It should be fixed by this commit though:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/?id=6e2e8ec0ac8ec37f49f3d9ca0acdb1caafbd17ed
What is the most efficient way to incorporate source changes like this?  I used
Cerbero to build an entire SDK package and installed that.  I'd prefer to update
as few libraries as possible (preferably just gst-plugins-bad).  Here's what
I've tried today:

- Running git pull on the local sources (~/cerbero/sources/local) and running
  ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc cleanone
gst-plugins-bad-1.0
  buildone gst-plugins-bad-1.0

then

./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc buildone gst-plugins-bad-1.0

./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc package gstreamer-1.0

Then I installed the framework.  That didn't work.

I've also completely deleted all of the gst-plugins-bad-1.0 directories in the
~/cerbero/sources/ios_universal/* subdirectories and running the above steps.  I
do not end up with the -static source directories.

Thanks for any advice here.  I'm a little lost with Cerbero on how to cleanly
rebuild and deploy packages for IOS development.

John