BadShmSeg when adding textoverlay dynamically

Francisco Velázquez francisco.javier at me.com
Sat Nov 22 13:43:58 PST 2014

FYI:

I tested exactly the same code (http://pastebin.com/g1MWRtdu) in Ubuntu 14.04 and it works fine.

Also, the code http://pastebin.com/6qFjGwPq that I discussed initially in this thread, executes fine in Ubuntu but not in OS X10.10. The only difference in the code is in line 60, where the element for OS X is “osxaudiosink” instead of “pulsesink”.

In Ubuntu I use GStreamer 1.5.0 (GIT). In OS X I use GStreamer 1.4.3.

Should I fill a bug about it? or is it a known issue that not everything works as expected in OS X?, or is it perhaps not even intended to do so?

Probably I should start a new thread here, but here is my question in case it is has a quick answer:

From the line 62 in http://pastebin.com/6qFjGwPq, you can see that “provide-clock” is set to FALSE. This creates an unstable sound. Any idea on how to solve that problem?

Thank you!

Francisco