How to save incoming h264 stream to h264 file?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sun Nov 23 08:34:28 PST 2014

Le 2014-11-22 02:04, yasumi a écrit :
> How to save h264 udp stream from raspberry pi to raw .h264 file?
>
> the .h264 doesn't show anything when played with VLC. I can play .h264
> directly save from raspivid
Ideally you should store elementary stream in a container (e.g. TS, MP4,
MKV etc.) so the timing information is also stored. VLC (and GStreamer)
will only recognize and play correctly contained elementary streams.

Here's one example, though there is a multitude of containers options.

gst-launch-1.0 -e -v udpsrc port=5000 ! application/x-rtp, clock-rate=90000,
encoding-name=H264, payload=96 ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! mpegtsmux ! filesink
location=test.ts

cheers,
Nicolas