Missing plugins

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Nov 24 02:23:52 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-11-24 at 01:31 -0800, StasLatGTTT wrote:
> I try to understand tutorials provided with gstreamer sdk for android, but
> problem occures trying to use Tutorial 5: a complete media player. It cannot
> open any video or music file and tells me something like that:
>
> Error recieved from element decodebin24: Your Gstreamer installation is
> missing a plug-in.
>
> I tried to search for these plug-ins and got confused. As I see, all
> neccessary plug-ins already are in
> GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_ANDROID/lib/gstreamer-0.10/statis/ directory. But
> Tutorial doesn't work.

You should not use GStreamer 0.10 anymore. It's no longer maintained
since more than 2 years and you can get recent 1.x binaries for Android
here: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.4.4/

> Please, help me understand, how does it work. Maybe, i missed something
> about plugins and how to work with them in Android.

What kind of file are you trying to play? Tutorial 5 does not include
all plugins that are available, only a subset. You'll have to include
the relevant plugins required for your media files.