plugin Gstreamer on android

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Nov 25 00:47:45 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-11-24 at 04:01 -0800, nero88 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to make a plugin Gstreamer for Android but i am new at this and i
> don't know where to start. I search some information but i haven't any
> solution
> I have read the guide: "GStreamer Plugin Writer's Guide" and the post
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/adding-custom-plugin-for-gstreamer-pipeline-for-android-td4661958.html
> but is not fully explain how it can be done and I'm pretty lost and
> confused.
> Would appreciate any help that you can offer me.

Do you want to write a plugin, or only a custom element that would be
used by your Android app? What kind of element?

In general you don't need to write plugins unless you want to make it
possible to just drop that into another application and have it used
there.

For writing custom elements, the plugin writer's guide should be looked
at and then also the code of elements that do something similar than
what you want to do.
There's nothing special about Android here unless you really want to
write a plugin, in which case you have to make your plugin work as a
static plugin.