Proposal: GstCheck: gst_check_get_buffers

Tiago Katcipis tiagokatcipis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 09:51:07 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm writing some tests using GstCheck and until now I have been able to
test using gst_check_element_push_buffer_list.

But since it only checks the size and contents of the buffers I can't use
it to check other information's about the buffers, like timestamp,
duration, etc.

I already had other problem before (like being unable to set properties on
the element that is being tested on gst_check_element_push_buffer_*), in
the end I configure a chain function and grab all the data.

But GstCheck is already doing this and storing all data on its internal
buffers list. Would be too bad if we had an gst_check_get_buffers to peek
on the buffers ?

In the end I feel like I'm redoing GstCheck work.

Best regards,
Tiago Katcipis