Unit testing event handling

Tiago Katcipis tiagokatcipis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 03:08:39 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm developing a parser and it does very specific things to some events
(like seek and segment, converting from time to bytes, etc).

What would be the best way to test this kind of behavior ? Right know I'm
using specific event handlers on the test pads (built with
gst_check_setup_*_pad functions) and gathering the events, pretty much the
same way it is done to get the buffers.

I have a feeling that this may not be the best way to do this, I searched
for tests of other parsers and found this on gst-plugins-bad:

gst-plugins-bad-1.0/tests/check/elements/parser.c

But it does not have any event handling test.

Any help ?

If gathering events like this makes sense I'm willing to add this feature
to GstCheck, but since it is not already there I have a feeling that it is
with good reason :-)

Best regards,
Tiago Katcipis