iMX6 Android gst-1.0 OpenMAX Hardware acceleration configuration

Eric-BTG eric.chaloin at bt-ground.com
Thu Nov 27 06:37:19 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to add HW acceleration support of iMX6 soc for gstreamer-1.0. My
platform is Udoo board running custom 4.3 Android.

My first attempt is to use OpenMAX libs through gst-omx. I have build
gst-omx libs from latest git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-omx

I try to use avc encoder but whatever profile/level I choose gst-omx fails
to set it.
I always have this warning:

According to iMX6 datasheet, h264 encoder only support baseline profile
(H.264 BP/CBP) level 4.0.
My pipeline is:

I can't figure out if it is a omxh264enc pipeline setting issue or gst-omx
configuration. Otherwise, every thing seems to be ok, I can see gpu acces
and gpu malloc in logs  (See full log.txt)
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4669715/log.txt>  .

My gst-omx configuration is:

I'm not sure what value set to rank and in/ou port. I have several omx libs
in /system/lib, three of them has OMX_Init need symbol:

Do you have any idea on what goes wrong?

I don't want to use freescale vpudec since it implies to use gstreamer-0.10,
and gstreamer-1.0 support should be added for next BSP in 1Q2015..

Should I use freescale gstreamer-imx  ? I seem to be close to be able to use
OpenMAX libs.

Regards,

Eric