OpenWebRTC and Bowser released as Open Source

Robert Swain robert.swain at ericsson.com
Thu Oct 2 02:37:40 PDT 2014

Hello good people,

I am from the GStreamer community and some of you may know me. I currently work for Ericsson Research. I will keep this short as there are other sources of information:

We are very happy to announce that we have released OpenWebRTC, our GStreamer-based WebRTC client framework as Open Source! The project website is at http://www.openwebrtc.io/ and the code at https://github.com/EricssonResearch/openwebrtc

We have simultaneously released Bowser for iOS, our WebRTC-enabled web browser for iOS. It has been submitted to the App Store and its source code is now available alongside OpenWebRTC on github.

Kind regards,
Rob Swain