seek in stream with rtmpsink

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Oct 2 07:00:37 PDT 2014

Le 2014-10-01 05:02, Luis de Bethencourt a écrit :

> I am triggering a seek as soon as I receive the EOS message. This
> works with the autovideosink, but does not work when using the
> rtmpsink.
>
> To summarize:
> What do I have to do to perform seeks while using the rtmpsink?
Seeking will cause discontinuity of the FLV stream. While this won't
affect a raw video sink, it will most likely affect a receiving RTMP
server. I see two solution to that, handle seeks in the flvmux element,
so the created muxed isn't affected (seems like ideal), or figure-out
how to comunicate such a break in timestamp within RTMP
protocol/librtmp. I think the first would be nicer. Note that you should
probably not let the EOS reach the sink, certain sink would close the
connection, though it does not seem to be the case for rtmpsink. My
conclusion is that this needs some work on the GStreamer elements itself.

Nicolas