Creating HTML5-Compatible Video Streams From a V4l2 Device

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Oct 3 06:40:16 PDT 2014

Le 2014-10-02 19:45, Timm Murray a écrit :

> Once I can get an encoder working, the next step is to add oggmux or
> some other HTML5-compatible container, but I need to get the encoder
> working before I can get that far.

On RPI using SW encoder won't work anyway. Ideally, have a look at
rpicamsrc element, it gives you an H264 feed that you can then mux into
an mp4/mov. Note that "suitable" for HTML 5 is a bit of a gray zone, but
most embedded devices (phones, tablets) supports H264 encoding and
ISOMP4 container.

Nicolas

https://github.com/thaytan/gst-rpicamsrc