What To Do With Configure/Make Problem In gst-plugins-xxxx-0.10.36 Modules

Alan Feuerbacher alanf00 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 5 07:57:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so please bear with me if this is old ground.

I'm compiling from source all the gst-plugins-xxxxx-0.10.36 modules for
use with whatever programs want them in my LinuxFromScratch
installation. In compiling gst-plugins-good-0.10.31 I found that make
fails under these configure switch scenarios:

Using the --enable-gtk-doc switch
Not using the --disable-gst-v4l2 switch for Video4Linux

I understand that 0.10 is deprecated in favor of 1.4, but many programs
still seem to want the earlier version.

In no case do the above problems cause me much of a problem, so far as I
can see, but I'm fairly new to the Linux development community and I
just don't know. My suspicion is that I should just forget about them.

If anyone thinks the above are issues to be solved, what should I do?
Submit a bug?

Thanks,
Alan