How to print GST_DEBUG_OBJECT messages in console?

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Thu Oct 16 08:22:39 PDT 2014

The process does work, so you have some small but critical error. The
GST_DEBUG_OBJECT requires some object pointer as the first parameter, so
insure that you have that. Alternatively, you can simply use
GST_DEBUG(...). Second, you say 'declare GST_DEBUG=', it must be 'export
GST_DEBUG=' in your environment before launching the app, assuming Linux.

If you are still having trouble, post the OS you are using and code
snippets around the important lines (GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY, #define
_do_init..., export GST_DEBUG=...