Best graphics card brand for GStreamer?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Oct 22 14:28:48 PDT 2014

Le 2014-10-22 14:03, Sergei Vorobyov a écrit :

> Does anyone have a well-founded opinion/recommendations on the best
> GStreamer/driver/hardware compatibility? I am about to give up on
> GStreamer as useless for production purposes, sorry.
If you are having problem with your display path, it's going to be the
same with any other software as soon as you actually start using the HW.
As an example here, WebkitGTK uses SW path (convert to RGB and compose
on CPU) to render your video. Newest version can compose on GPU, but
still convert on CPU. Totem uses Clutter, which is GL accelerated. The
fact the WebKit works but no Totem means that Clutter or GL stack on
your distro is broken or miss-configured. You'd have to blame the
sys-admin, or the distro.

Nicolas