OpenGL on i.MX6 : bad performance

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Oct 27 08:41:03 PDT 2014

Le 2014-10-27 11:36, Jean-Michel Hautbois a écrit :
> I thought that something was already implemented allowing to use some
> shared memory between CPU and GPU, without having to go deep into the
> driver functionnalities. It seems that it will be more difficult than
> what I thought. I also think tat compositor may work too, if it is
> possible to pass it allocated memory, in order to avoid memory
> copies...
> But from the source code, I would say that today, there is no direct
> way to do it.
My sure statement would be that as of today, there is no platform
agnostic way to achieve good performance when interacting between CPU
and GPU on this platform. (It's also true for many platforms these days,
and a lot of people are trying to address this issue, and it's much more
visible on the ARM side).

cheers,
Nicolas