Understanding GstBaseSrc Create function

HK shockguy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 22:46:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am new to gstreamer. I was going through the filesrc plugin. Here I came
across the create function. In this create function we have a buffer, and
the data which is to be pushed to the other element is copied to the
gstreamer buffer in this create function. I have couple of questions
regarding this scenario.

1. Who will invoke the create function ? Is it invoked by the next element
or is it invoked by the application ? Or is it something like if the
application is changing the state, automatically this create function is
called ?

2. Once the create method is called, the data buffer has to go to the other
element ( say for example demux ). Will the input buffer from the file
source is processed by the chain function of demux ? How the buffer is
passed to the demux element ?

Thanks
HK