why blocksize element property is not available in the source code ?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 05:34:59 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:46 AM, sithruk sana <get2jils at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) does gst-inspect shows the split up of elements that which class it
> belongs to [ derived or own]
Yes.  That is the point of having a derived class.  It inherits the
capabilities of the base class and adds its own capabilities.  To the
outside world (such as gst-inspect), it looks like all of the
capabilities are provided by the inherited class.

> 2.   if i increase the blocksize value , will it usable for high volume
> input?, as it increased buffer size?.
>
> I am trying to stream  @60fps with 720p.
I am not sure what you are asking here.  As I poked around the source
code for udpsrc, it seems to me that it ignores the blocksize
parameter of the gstbasesrc class and produces buffers whose length(s)
are exactly equal to the UDP packet length(s) it receives.

Putting it another way, it seems to me that udpsrc translates received
udp packets directly into gstreamer buffers.

I'll step aside now and let others who know much more about gstreamer
add to or rebut my reply :-)

--wpd