TCP streaming server

ydethe ydethe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:15:29 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I am trying to stream a webcam video feed. The webcam is a TCP client with a
*non routable* IP address. The server has a routable IP address.
I would like the client to connect to the server, and stream the webcam.

I have tried this :

*Server*
 gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! x264enc tune="zerolatency" threads=1 !
rtph264pay config-interval=1 ! gdppay ! tcpclientsink port=8554

*Client*
 gst-launch-1.0 tcpserversrc port=8554 host=localhost ! gdpdepay !
application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264
! autovideosink sync=false

And it works (the videotestsrc is displayed on the server)

*But :*
How to read the webcam device?
It only works locally. When something different from localhost, nothing is
displayed on the server.